Phoenix, ArizonaClinical Nurse -outpatient Or
Phoenix, ArizonaNurse Specialty Care Coord
Phoenix, ArizonaClinical Nurse - Ambulatory
Phoenix, ArizonaClinical Nurse - Ambulatory
Phoenix Children’s has provided hope, healing and the best healthcare for children since its creation in 1983. With a medical staff of nearly 1,000 specialists, Phoenix Children’s is one of the largest pediatric healthcare systems in the country, and the most comprehensive children's care facility in the state. We provide inpatient, outpatient, trauma and emergency care across more than 75 subspecialties.
Phoenix Children’s is Arizona’s premier hospital for family-centered, pediatric care for patients with complex medical needs. We’re proud of the broad and deep experience our expert team of physicians and staff brings across more than 75 pediatric subspecialties — experience you won’t find anyplace else in Arizona.
But it isn't enough for a hospital to say it’s the best. That's why third-party endorsements, working from data submitted by multiple hospitals across the country, are one of the best ways for patients and families to ensure a hospital’s care is truly world-class. Here are a few of our top honors.
U.S. News & World Report
The rigorous “Best Children’s Hospitals” survey conducted by U.S. News & World Report asks hundreds of questions about a hospital’s survival rates, nurse staffing, subspecialists’ availability and many other pieces of critical information that's difficult or impossible for patients’ families and care-givers to find on their own.
U.S News takes all of this data and combines it with a reputation score that’s based on a survey of pediatric specialists from across the country.
For the fifth time, Phoenix Children’s Hospital has earned national rankings from U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Children’s Hospitals” in 10 out of 10 ranked specialties. The health system is the only children’s hospital in Arizona ever to have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report and one of only 22 children’s hospitals that received 10 out of 10 shields in the United States to rank in every surveyed specialty for 2021-2022.
- Neonatology, #20
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery, #28, represented by Phoenix Children’s Heart Center
- Neurology & Neurosurgery, #30, represented by Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s
- Orthopedics, #33, represented by the Herbert J. Louis Center for Pediatric Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Nephrology, #35
- Cancer, #36, represented by Phoenix Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Gastroenterology & Gastroenterology Surgery, #36
- Diabetes & Endocrinology, #37
- Pulmonology & Lung Surgery, #40
- Urology, #48
Healthcare IT News
The Healthcare IT News “Best Hospital IT Departments” program highlights those characteristics that drive workplace satisfaction in hospital IT workplaces. It also spotlights top performers and establishes best practices that all hospital IT departments can embrace. Phoenix Children’s Hospital IT team earned a “Best Hospital IT Department” in 2014 and again in 2016.
Becker’s Hospital Review
In 2018, Phoenix Children’s was named among the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” for the fifth consecutive year. The list was developed through nominations and editorial research, and 150 organizations were chosen for their robust benefits, wellness initiatives, commitment to diversity and inclusion, professional development opportunities and work environments that promote employee satisfaction and work-life balance. Phoenix Children's is the only hospital in Arizona to be named on the list.
BestCompaniesAZ named Phoenix Children's on the 15th-anniversary list of “100 Best Arizona Companies.” These companies were chosen based on sustained high levels of workplace performance, culture, strong employer brand, innovative thought leaders and position to recruit talent, among other features. Phoenix Children's is listed in the “Heart” category, which highlights companies that show how much they care through building relationships with employees, customers and the community.
Greater Phoenix Chamber
In 2018, Phoenix Children's was honored as Exceptional Innovator and Large Business of the Year during the Greater Phoenix Chamber’s 31st Annual IMPACT Awards Ceremony. Innovation, growth, quality improvement and a goal to educate are among what leaders at Phoenix Children’s recognize as its major success drivers. For these two awards, the Chamber recognizes companies who create new solutions and achieve remarkable results while moving the company and local economy forward.
Maricopa County’s Healthy Arizona Worksites Program
Phoenix Children's received a platinum ranking for Maricopa County’s Healthy Arizona Worksites Program in 2018. The Healthy Arizona Worksites Program is a public health initiative offered by the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health (MCDPH). Its mission is to help employers learn how to successfully implement worksite wellness initiatives to improve the health of their employees and businesses.
Phoenix Business Journal’s The Valley’s Healthiest Employers 2018
Phoenix Children's was the only hospital awarded in the large business category of the Phoenix Business Journal’s Valley’s Healthiest Employers 2018 Awards. The Phoenix Business Journal and its sponsors shine a light every year on Valley businesses with the most outstanding health and wellness programs. Each company that participates has to submit an online assessment that is conducted by the publication’s research partner, Healthiest Employer. Companies are then ranked and honored at an awards program for the commitment to keeping employees engaged and healthy!
The Joint Commission
The Joint Commission accredits and certifies more than 20,500 healthcare organizations and programs in the US. The Gold Seal designation is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards that lead to safer, more effective medical care. In 2014, Phoenix Children’s passed The Joint Commission’s triennial, unannounced survey, meeting or exceeding the Commission’s standards for providing safe and effective care of the highest quality and value.
To meet the needs of our growing community, we continue to expand, adding new top physicians, world-class programs and state-of-the-art facilities.
We provide hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their families.
Phoenix Children's will be the premier regional pediatric center in the Southwest, nationally recognized as one of the best for pediatric care, innovative research and medical education. We will:
- Offer the most comprehensive pediatric care services in the Southwest, providing a full range of services solely dedicated to children.
- Be recognized for innovative research supported by leading clinical trials of new treatment and diagnostic methods.
- Be recognized for providing advanced education and training for clinical providers.
- Be known as an effective advocate for Arizona’s children.
- Family-centered care that focuses on the needs of the child first, and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaboration within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that sets the standard for pediatric healthcare today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best services in the most cost-effective way
Strategic Areas of Focus
- Growth: Phoenix Children’s will grow by expanding service lines; enhancing geographic coverage; aligning with physicians, hospitals and networks; expanding research and academic programs; and improving financial performance.
- Integration: Phoenix Children’s will become a clinically integrated organization aligned with physicians and organizations committed to improving quality across a full range of care while effectively managing the total cost of care.
- Quality: Phoenix Children’s will identify and implement changes that continually improve clinical quality, patient safety and customer service, using evidence-based best practices.